Our Adoption Journey
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Eating with Chopsticks
Nicole is trying to figure out how to use chopsticks.
It looks like she's got the hang of it!
Great job Nicole!
You are getting food in your mouth!!!
Oh boy, look at that bite!!!
Believe it or not but I did NOT teach Nicole how to eat with chopsticks. I used chopsticks to feed her while in China (a year ago) and then we have made it a tradition to eat with them on holidays but this last Thanksgiving, I didn't even attempt to teach her how to use them. Then tonight, I gave her some chopsticks, gave her a bite using them and then she figured the rest out on her own!!!! She ate her whole entire bowl of noodles with her chopsticks on her OWN!!!!!!!!!! I am one proud Mommy! Impressed to say the least!
Nicole is not only repeating words very well but she is understanding them. I am shocked at the things she says and comprehends. Boy, when people say that this is a fun age, they are not kidding. We are having a great time with her.
An example of things Nicole says... She will grab my finger, take me to her room and then say "Lights on", meaning her room is dark and she needs to see. Another thing, when she is ready to change her diaper, she tells me "change diaper". When I'm brushing my teeth, she will ask if she can brush her teeth too. When she goes in my office or in her Daddy's office, she will say "off limits". Nicole is absolutely amazing us EVERY single day. She gets it. It's not just repeating words but it is understanding what she is saying. She sings her ABC's, Row, Row, Row your boat, etc. She loves to sing songs all the time. She can now count to 10 (almost). 1-4 is a little questionable but 5 - 10 is great.
Nicole recongizes all of her family (Jim's side of the family as well as my side of the family). She wants to know where they are all at (out of town unfortunately). She still loves to dance to music... Oh boy can she move!
Nicole is now getting up about 1-2 times a night (that is good). She is an EARLY riser... 4:30am - 5:30am. Yikes.
I think that is all the updates. If there are any more, I will share them with you.
By the way, I am adding 3 videos.
posted by Kelly and Nicole at
4:06 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
About Me
Name:
Kelly and Nicole
Location:
Panama City, Florida
View my complete profile
Previous Posts
A few pictures...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Gotcha Day Anniversary... Just the three of us
1 Year Ago Today
Thanksgiving at School
Videos Added
Final Post Placement Visit....
We're Home...
A few more pictures before we go home...
Two More Thanksgiving Pictures!