Thursday, November 17, 2005

Day 1 Continued...




Well, we finally made it to LA. The flight was uneventful. Jim got to watch the most exciting National Geographic movie on penguins, it was so exciting Kelly fell asleep in 15 minutes. Jim now knows all there is to know about penguins, plus some. Please don't ever ask him to tell you about penguins. LOL. We did run into one other couple in our group, Dana and Joe, at the hotel while checking in.

Well family, friends, loved ones, and "fellow adopters," the journey has just begun. We are both VERY excited and still having to pinch ourselves that it really is happening - we are going to get our daughter!!

Even though we have most of our house packed into two very large suitcases, we are not the only ones, uh, traveling "light." Joe and Dana packed "light" just like us. :) It was a challenge for all four of us to get in the elevator. Oh did that elevator groan when we started off. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Yoli said...

What a great picture of you two!!! Oh Spud I am so happy you are on your way! Jim I want to know about the penguins!!!! Tomorrow you leave for China!!!!

Love,
Rspud

6:37 AM, November 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning you two,
Yeah, the first leg of your trip done! I couldn't wait to get up this morning and read your blog. Now I can't wait to hear how you connected with Dana and Joe. I pity the luggage handlers who are going to have to load the luggage for the four of you! We won't ask you about penguins when we come out at Christmas Jim. Have a safe trip. Thinking of you all the time. I love you, Mom (and Nicole's grandma) (Your dad can't get onto your blog at work because they block them)

7:04 AM, November 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter