Sunday, November 20, 2005

Day 4 - Going to Changsha, China

Today we will be leaving Hong Kong for Changsha, China. We leave by bus to go to Shenzhen Airport. Shenzhen is where we will go through China’s Immigration, then Customs, before getting on the airplane. The bus ride is approximately 45 minutes, but the trip is expected to take 3 hours due to the delays that are always encountered while going through China’s Immigration and Customs process.

Shame it won’t be like Hong Kong’s Immigration and Customs process that we experienced when we arrived. It took all of 10 minutes for both!

Our group consists of 40 per the tour guide, and you can just imagine the excitement we are all feeling. Tomorrow at 10:30 AM we will all be finally seeing and holding our anxiously awaited daughters. You just can’t put that into words adequately. I’m sure the pictures we post tomorrow will say it all.

Last night we went down by the harbor and watched a really impressive 20 minute long laser light show. There must have been 30 huge buildings along the waterfront that were lit up with rapidly changing colors and laser beams– all in sync with Cantonese music. Very, very impressive.



All our best to our family, friends, and loved ones. Tomorrow is our BIG DAY!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, hope you get a good night's sleep tonight--tomorrow night may be a whole different story (hee hee). Are you getting our emails? I am thinking that you may not be; anyway, we are thinking about you and replying to them. Twenty-six hours and 20 minutes to go (if I figured this out correctly)--does this grandma sound excited!?! I love you, mom

4:16 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Lisa and Shane said...

I have tears in my eyes looking at you both in China, so close to holding your baby. You sound like you are just about to burst. It is still a year away for me and DH to travel for our princess, so I can't wait to see your Gotcha Day photos.

Lisa (Kenyamissymiss from MSN)x
www.overtherainbowtochina.blogspot.com

4:42 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Yoli said...

Spud I am going to bed now, it is 11 PM my time and I can only imagine what is going through your head. Take pictures!!! Lots of pictures!!!!

7:49 PM, November 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter