Saturday, November 19, 2005

Day 3 - Sightseeing in Hong Kong

Today we will be touring Hong Kong. What an awesome city! Course, with the date change and new time zone, it is easy to forget what day of the week it is. Not to worry, the hotel we are at, Kowloon Shangri-la, changes the carpet in the elevators each day. The carpets have imprinted on them the day of the week! This is a 5 star hotel and boy are Kelly and I amazed. We are getting very, very spoiled.

Today we will be going to 1) Victory Park, 2) Aberdeen Fisherman Village, 3) Stanley Market, and 4) uh oh, "Jewelry Factory, where the agenda says, "shopping in jewelry factory is optional". What woman in her right mind is going to go to a jewelry factory and NOT shop???

Our tour guide is one very knowledgeable and humorous fellow. He had us laughing the whole 45 minutes from the airport to the hotel and giving us so much information along the way. We are definitely looking forward to his tour of Hong Kong today.

I don’t know exactly how many are in our group but I would guess 12-14 adoptive couples plus travel companions. One family brought their 2 sons, and several other family members, so in all maybe 35 people.

The excitement is really hard to describe. Two more days and we have our daughter in our arms. How do you describe that anticipation?

Our love to all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yoli said...

Jim and Kelly I am glued to your blog! I can only imagine your excitement. Wishing you all the best. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU GUYS GET NICOLE! You will be hearing a huge cheer and a ton of screaming from your Cuban friends in Key Largo.

Yoli

6:34 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger Family Bits said...

Can't wait to see your daughter in your arms. The excitement must be overwhelming.
We will also be traveling through Hong Kong when we get Cadence, so Im living vicariously on your blog :-)

Karen (Aliastra on MSN)

6:53 PM, November 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter