Wednesday, August 16, 2006

First Day at Daycare....


We're on our way to Childcare Network. This will be Nicole's first day at her new daycare. Both Mommy and Daddy are a tad on the anxious side, to say the least.












We've arrived at the daycare this morning. This is a big day for all of us.

It was very hard leaving Nicole this morning. Many times, I had to turn away so Nicole could not see my tears. Finally, when we left her, I let them flow.... The problem was, the tears wouldn't stop. Both Jim and I knew it was going to be hard but neither one of us knew it would be this hard. Our baby is growing up too quickly.





We were so relieved to pick Nicole up early. 1:30pm rolled around and we couldn't get there fast enough. We peaked in on her and she was as content as could be. She looked up, saw us, and said, "Dadda, Mama" and then pointed to us. Ms. Julie picked her up to bring her to us and then she started crying. I'm not sure what to make of that. She didn't push us away so it wasn't that she was not happy to see us. I'm not sure though.

Nicole did very well on her first day there. We stayed the first hour to get acquainted with her teachers and to watch Nicole and her interaction with the other kids. She was soaking it all in, hardly noticing we were there.

She ate some of her food, she actually was able to take an hour nap without any problems and she was happy, friendly and cooperative. :) That's my girl.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter