We got Nicole's Certificate of Citizenship in the mail today!
It's been a while since I've updated everyone on Nicole (aside from pictures) so I thought I would do a quick posting for ya'll.
Nicole is bonding and adjusting so well with us, as we are with her. She hesitates at first when going to new people but it doesn't take long for her to be comfortable with them. If she's feeling uncomfortable, she'll reach her arms out to us... meaning, she knows we are mom and dad. What a wonderful feeling that is.
Nicole still loves her bath time. She gets a short bath in the morning and a good long fun bath in the evening. She definitely doesn't have fear of the water. She likes to stick her face in the water and blow bubbles. I'm looking forward to her learning that it's okay to 'blow' bubbles in the water but it's not okay to 'inhale' the water itself. That scares mom too much.
Nicole has made up a new game to play in the bath. She'll stick a toy into her mouth and pass that toy (via her mouth) to either dad or myself. She doesn't want us to get it with our hands but with our mouths also. It's so cute. She made it up all by herself!
Her sleeping is on and off. Meaning, we'll go several days where Nicole will sleep wonderfully. She would wake up only one or two times during the night (one for a bottle and the other just for me to put her blanket back in her mouth). On those nights, we all feel sooooo rested in the morning. Then there will be another few nights where her sleeping isn't so well, like the last 3 nights. She didn't go to sleep until 11pm and woke up around 3am crying. The bottle didn't work, changing her diaper didn't work, rocking her didn't work, putting her blanket in her mouth didn't work, basically nothing did. We're not sure what the problem was. So, I just brought her into the living room with me so she could quietly play. She eventually got tired (after an hour or so) and went back to sleep. Needless to say, I am one tired mom today.
On a really good note... She has been sleeping in her crib for quite some time. No more nights in the stroller.
Nicole is a wonderful eater. She'll sample anything and likes
almost everything we give her.. yes, chocolate too. That sure makes feeding times much easier. I love it when she shares her food with me, especially when it goes straight from her mouth to mine. Yummy.
She has 3 teeth now and I think she has more coming in, even though I can't feel them yet. She's been chewing on her fingers a lot the past few days.
Nicole is such a happy and beautiful baby! We are soooo blessed to have her in our lives. What a priceless addition to our family.